Research Briefs

And then there were four…

The assignments that, collaboratively, our professor and the Research and Resource Development team decided on were centered around research briefs. These research briefs were summaries from a collection of research materials concerning certain topics. For example, I consolidated all of the relevant information for urban gardening and its relationship to neighborhood improvement. From there I read through and summarized and analyzed the material found in this research. This information was then separated into two areas, national and local. The local information was specifically pulled from the Brown County UW-Extension Community Gardening Program’s (BCCG) White Paper. Whereas the national information was pulled from articles that both myself and the rest of the class found in the beginning of the course for a bibliography. This research was used to inform the Marketing and Logistics Team’s infographic, as well as a presentation for an Education Event. The Research Packet is a revised conglomerate of all the research briefs my fellow team member and I wrote. The graphic design is a product of Bethany Thier and the editing and revision was conducted by Drew Scheler. Margaret Franchino provided the BCCG’s program report. The research briefs that I, in particular, wrote are the Economic Security Research Brief, the Cultural Diversity Research Brief, the Neighborhood Improvement Research Brief, and the Climate Change Research Brief.