Emails With Assorted Asks

Here you will find emails, sent by me, for St. Norbert College organizations. These emails are asking for a different type of help in each iteration. These emails did not all achieve the intended goal of receiving the asked help. The emails did still raise awareness about the fundraiser. As a member of the advertising team, any way that I impacted the total reach of the fundraiser was very valuable.

Dear Brian Strack ,

I am writing to you on behalf of the Friends of the Community Gardens fundraiser. The club that you are president of (GreenKnightTV) has a valuable platform. Your social media presence reaches many people on SNC campus, and we see this as an opportunity to serve the community. We would greatly appreciate if you would help us to reach some of those people by sharing/re-tweeting some of our posts regarding our “Grow a Meal” and “Skip the Bag” fundraisers.

We also think that it would be supremely helpful if one of your members would be willing to help us with some light film work. As a part of our fundraising efforts, we will have donation stations on campus. We would love it if you could help us to document the flow of people at these booths by the use of time lapse videos. The first donation station we would like your help at is on Monday (11/20) from 11:30am-1:00pm. Another Key date is a raffle drawing that will be held inside Dale’s. We would like to have help live streaming this event on Tuesday (11/28) at 8:00pm  

If you or another Green Knight TV member would be able to help us with these projects through the use of your skills/equipment, it would be greatly appreciated.  If you would like to help spread the word of our fundraiser in any other capacity, please contact me mack.ziegler@snc.edu or my professor drew.scheler@snc.edu.

The press release below explains the details of the fundraiser as a whole.

Thank you for your help, as we set out to Grow Better together!

Sincerely,

ENGL 306 Advertising Team

Dear Susan Allan,

I am writing to you on behalf of the Friends of the Community Gardens fundraiser. In your affiliation with SNC Magazine, I understand that you keep your eyes open for a good story. The fundraiser that Drew Scheler’s English 306 class is newsworthy, and we would like to get the word out, but we can’t do it alone.

This project is far more than just educational. This is a project that has a tangible impact on the community around us. We are excited, and proud, to be involved with a fundraiser that has the power to enrich the lives of many in Brown County.

Below, please find the official press release that dives into the details of the fundraiser itself. If you would like to help us to spread the word, or know anyone else who can, we be greatly appreciative. Please feel free to reach out to myself mack.ziegler@snc.edu, or my professor drew.scheler@snc.edu

Thank you for helping SNC Grow Better Together with our local community!

Sincerely,

ENGL 306 Advertising Team

Dear Anna,

I mentioned to you at the campus center an idea that I had regarding the Radio Club. My English 306 class is working on a fundraiser in conjunction with The Friends of the Community Gardens organization. We are orchestrating multiple on campus fundraising opportunities, and would appreciate help in spreading the word.

Could you please send out the following press release to the members of the Radio Club, and advise them to verbally advertise our fundraiser during their shows? We see this as a very beneficial way to reach listeners, and spread awareness of our fundraiser that includes donation stations, a raffle, and our “Skip the Bag promotion at Waseda Farms. The details of the fundraiser are laid out in the attached press release. If you have any questions please email me mack.ziegler@snc.edu, or my professor drew.scheler@snc.edu

Sincerely,

Mack