About Me

When I was in my junior year of high school, my AP Psychology teacher told me to leave.  Leave the place you were born in. Leave the place where you grew up. Just leave. Even if it’s for a day or ten years, even if you come back – just leave.

So I did.

When I was 18, I moved from the sunny California I’ve always lived in to Wisconsin to pursue a Liberal Arts education at St. Norbert College. I knew no one at SNC, let alone anyone in the entire state. I was starting fresh. No expectations or set plan. I am now entering my final semester of senior year. In May 2018, I will walking across a stage to graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in English, a Bachelor of Arts in Theatre Studies, and a minor in Communication Studies.

My time in Wisconsin can only be described as divergent.

I have grown exponentially throughout my four years at St. Norbert College. I threw myself into an unfamiliar environment, forcing myself as far outside of my comfort zone as I could. And I am better for it.

When I first started, I was unsteady. I had no major or minor, no set career goals, no idea what I was doing. I stumbled through class after class, exploring different fields of study and experiencing different teaching methods of various professors. I succeeded, I crumbled, I thrived, and I perished.

Being in Wisconsin and being part of the SNC community taught me that I am capable. I am capable of standing on my own two feet without a cheering squad behind me telling me everything will be okay. It taught me to be independent and self reliant. It taught me that I am excellent. I am excellent at the things I set my mind to. I am excellent at what I do.

I have been employed as the student coordinator for the St. Norbert College Office of Admission since my second semester of freshman year. Working closely with the department’s Senior Associate Director of Admission/Campus Visit Experience Director, I am tasked with the creation of a new 75 tour-per-week schedule each semester, the continuous editing of the Tour Script all student tour guides use, and organizing the hiring process during spring semesters.

I held the public relations chair and a fundraising chair for the Alpha Delta Chapter of Theta Phi Alpha Fraternity for three years. I managed the image of my chapter through social media campaigns, promotions in the campus center, and monitoring how the chapter is perceived by the rest of the SNC community. As the fundraising chair, also known as the Ugly Pageant chair, I was tasked with organizing Theta Phi’s largest annual fundraiser in the spring semesters. I booked the venues, secured sponsors, and managed all the Ugly Pageant participants and judges.

I completed a paid internship in Indianapolis, Indiana during the summer of 2017 with Viral Launch LLC. I was a copywriting intern under their copy creative and lead listing specialist. I hit the ground running and I ran a marathon. I learned about the evolving world of ecommerce and what it takes to write for Amazon Sellers who want their products to be on the first page search results.

And now I’m here.

I have completed my last and most difficult english course, English 306: Professional Writing. I have utilized all the skills I’ve acquired and improved on since moving to Wisconsin to help create a successful fundraiser.