Research for Bibliography

At the very beginning of the semester, even though we did not have a clear outline of what we were to do yet, it was vital that we learn about and gather information on community gardens and its effects, importance, etc.  As such, Drew started a bibliography and asked us to find and explain three scholarly articles that would help contribute to this bibliography.  He stressed that not all articles would make it but, luckily for me, I chose ones that were all applicable and helpful so he decided to include them all. (I remember being probably too proud of this but it was exciting to do so well on the first assignments.)

This work was so important because, previously, the class knew nothing/very little about the reality of community gardening and how many positive effects it has from increasing food security, bringing communities together, helping people eat healthier, and many more!  It also provided an imperative background for us to work from as we continued to further the project and the fundraiser.  We used the same information gathered from the first few weeks for the entire semester.

In order to find these articles I went on various websites, particularly Google Scholar and used the St. Norbert Library’s online sources.  In the following screenshots, you can see my work as well as Drew’s comments that display and measure the effectiveness of my research skills, calling my work “great”, “strong”, and “reputable”.  The community partners we worked with were especially excited to have this bibliography, as they would be able to use tons of facts from it to support their work.

First Article:

My first article

My first article

Drew's Response

Drew’s Response

Second Article

My second article

My second article

Drew's Response

Drew’s Response

Third Article:

My third article

My third article

Drew's Response

Drew’s Response