Biography

My name is Emily Boland, I am a junior at St. Norbert College and am double majoring in English and Communication. I plan to graduate in December of 2018 and, although I do not have any concrete ideas of what will come after, I would love to work abroad and teach English in a different country.

English has always been an integral part of my life.  I’m an avid reader and love writing — so I decided to make a career out of it. There has not been a time when I have not responded, “English” to relatives, curious about my favorite subject in school.  English and Literature were the two classes that I constantly excelled in throughout my entire primary, middle, and high school years.  As I entered college, I began as a science major — oops. This decision quickly came to an end as I realized I was destined for English.  Ever since that decision, I have felt comfortable and secure in my path.

Throughout this class I have learned about collaboration, with not only my peers, but with professionals and leaders working in the community.  This fundraiser has benefited my knowledge on community service learning. I have gained knowledge about writing for a community partner, and how to write project proposals. Writing for specific audiences has been difficult to master, but is integral for not only future classes at SNC, but critical in the workforce.

I have attached my résumé here for you. If you have any questions or would want to contact me about anything, do not hesitate to email me at emily.boland@snc.edu.